Total abject contrition; please please please
bullet bullet
  • To: Carl Malamud <carl@radio.com>
  • Subject: Total abject contrition; please please please
  • From: POPCO General Delivery <listmail@popco.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 12:03:17 -0800 (PST)
bullet bullet

Dear Carl,

Even though I don't believe in Santa Claus (Hanukah Harry is more like it), I beg his forgiveness for my wanton act.

In fact, I'm going to pin the blame on Chris Locke, who is a very GOOD boy, and should get all of Alan Meckler's candy and goodies this Christmas.

I forwarded out Chris's post to the inet-marketing list (1800+ subscribers) after checking out only part of the story.

Please, please, please, I don't wanna get no coal.

Some great sounds bites, though: "somebody spammed Santa."

I think this is an example of the latest threat to the Internet: memetic virii that spread through the human brain. The "good times" virus on Internet was really a virus because of its spread through email and buletin boards, despite the fact that its contents were benign. Eventually, it died after enough of us were "innoculated" (I was naturally immune to that one, but the santa spam knocked me off my feet.)

Thanks for all your good works, seriously, and best wishes of the winter solstice and Christmas and Kwanzaa and so forth to you.

Glenn Fleishman Humble supplicant