Re: not-rr@park.org
bullet bullet bullet bullet

"John W. Stewart III" <jstewart@mci.net> writes * * marten, * * hi. long time no see (-:

Indeed!

* the first router needs at least 2 hssi cards (one for ds3 from * japan, the other for ds3 to mae-east++) and 1 ethernet card (for * connection to internetMCI router in same facility) * * as you would guess, the second router needs at least 1 hssi card * (for ds3 from MCI facility) and one fddi card (for mae-east++ * ring)

OK, we have ordered all our backbone routers with at 3 HSSIs, 2 FDDIs, 2 quad-ethernet and 1 octal sync board. Seems that fits what you have above. Of course we also ordered a variety of cables for the sync boards (X.21 for Europe, V.35 for US, both male) and HSSI cables. And power may be an issue, we would probably need 220V.

-Marten

Follow-Ups: References: bullet